Operation Re-dentulate Central America Association - L2 Application
We are pleased to introduce you to O.R.C.A.A., Operation Re-dentulate Central America Association, which will take place at the University of Francisco Marroquin in Guatemala City.
We and UFM are excited to welcome those who will be honored to join us on our next mission to learn, inspire, train and enjoy each other’s company. We look forward to learning about each of those who are interested in joining us and to forming a lasting relationship.
In addition to the education opportunities, and connecting with doctors throughout the USA, Latin America and the World, our collective goal is to “re-dentulate” approximately 24 patients (48 potential arches) in the 5 days operating, biannually to start. As interest grows, more trips will be made.
All patients will have proper post operative care as well as temporary and final zirconia restorations via digital workflows.
- Level II Operating Trainee (L2)
- Each L2 Trainee will be performing conventional All-on-X surgery with immediate loading or first-assisting all day for 4 days. A L2 Trainee will rotate with their counterpart L2 Trainee with each patient. This allows for each Trainee to learn, see, do and then eventually teach. Our goal is for each doctor to take their skills back to their home countries and help reduce their edentulous populations as a whole.
- L2 Trainees should expect to have two patients per day for 4 days. Each day, you will assist and operate with each patient.
- Complexity of cases may vary.
- Techniques used will be in the patients’ best interest
- Techniques covered can include:
- Palatal Approach
- Suturing techniques
- Student to Instructor ratio: 1 on 1
Tuition, Fees, and Accomodations
ORCAA main focus is to train Latin American doctors in conjunction with doctors throughout the world to provide the most up to date surgical training. Included in each program is food and lodging, and transportation in Guatemala with the program. Fee is dependent on program level.
Level II Trainee: $25,000
1. 50 CE’s
2. AGD code 690
3. Course hours: 7am-8pm
Lodging will be at the Westin Camino Real. You will need to provide a CC when checking in for incidentals or anything charged to the room.
Lunch and dinner will be provided by ORCAA, with breakfast provided by the hotel.
Flights will need to be arranged by the participant, yet we will provide transportation to and from the airport.
We understand that plans can change, and we always appreciate your choosing ORCAA for your professional development needs. However, due to the nature of our in-person courses and the commitments we make to our instructors and venue partners, we have a strict cancellation policy.
No Refunds or Exchanges: Once you have registered and paid for a course, we do not offer refunds or exchanges for any reason. Please be certain of your schedule and your desire to participate in the course before registering.
Dr. Simon Oh
Please fill out the questionnaire below, this indicates to us that you would like to be put on the list of candidates for the upcoming trainings!
Below are a few questions for us at ORCAA to get a snapshot of you and your candidacy. Please answer to the best of your ability and we look forward to seeing your responses.